The Blind Christ

photo: Film Factory Entertainment

The Blind Christ or El Cristo Ciego (Christopher Murray, 2016, Chilean) with  Pedro Godoy, Ana María Henríquez, Bastián Insotroza, and local extras.
If you like quiet, slow films, you'll enjoy this story about pilgrimage, told by a prophet, often in parables. The character (and indeed the mood) often reminded me of the silent, watching Christ figure in Kieslowski's Dekalog.Fairly sure my film theology prof Adelmo Dunghe would put this on his list of transcendent films! Poetic and at times painful to watch, both visually and emotionally. Loved it. 


~

At age five, my son said, "I was born because God knew I needed a mum." Out of the mouths of babes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But There IS Joel Kinnaman...

Lilith is Fair