A Traffic Light of Movies

Omilord, I've been so consumed with work that posting the art I have gotten to has been impossible for months. I've seen a lot, and the title refers to the last three outings.

Green Light: Comedy
Usually I don't love comedies, but I made this exception because the star of Don't Talk to Irene, Michelle McLeod, is a friend of a friend. Not only was it fun and uplifting, Scott Thompson as the retirement-home director-who-wishes-he-wasn't is understatedly perfect!


Yellow Light: Pause for beauty
Not saying this is the most important film in history, but I'm glad I saw Loving Vincent at TIFF. Taking it in full-size and with a sense of wonder was a lovely antidote to current affairs.


Red Light: Check your assumptions at the door
This was not what I expected, but The Florida Project was very affecting. Insane acting, still sticks with me. Did not see this story or the ending coming.


Other recent experiences:
Life After at CanStage


kd lang on tour


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But There IS Joel Kinnaman...

Lilith is Fair